Favourite album of all time?

Favourite album of all time?
Posted on: 22.12.2013 by Wynell Muma
Making this thread because I believe I confirmed with myself today what my favourite album was! About 5 years ago when I was 13 I got hold of deadmau5's random album title. I wasn't really into dance music before this, just heard bits of it that I liked. Anyway I rinsed this album out for a long time which lead me on to buying 'For lack of a better name' which in my opinion is also a great album! After this though I didn't really like what he was making, it was very hit and miss but from listening to that one album, I'm obsessed with dance music! I don't even listen to electro either these days it's mainly techno/house (tech/acid/deep). I managed to see deadmau5 a few years ago, I sneaked into one of his gigs lol but I've kinda forgotten about him since he doesn't make music I like anymore! But I just revisited 'Random album title' and I'm hooked again! It's great, here's a link to a continuous mix of the album if you've never heard it

But yeah what's yours?
Aleida Pratap
have not liked any at its full but some songs .. dunno why it has been case from past and still that except some good numbers rest of the album delivers nothing good to listen
Sherlyn Wolver
First thing that comes to my head is
Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
As far as the Dj side of me
Superduck Breaks - The Saga Begins
Lin Danek
Brian Eno & David Byrne - "My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts"
Pieter Nooten & Michael Brooke - "Sleeps With The Fishes"
Electribe 101 - "Electribal Memories"
Balance 14 - Joris Voorn
Ara Tima
LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver
Daft Punk - Homework
Chemical Brothers - Surrender
James Holden - Balance 005
Sanora Mcbroom
Originally Posted by DISaS73R

Easy.
Definitely one of mine favorites!
Lawana Mileto
Can't really narrow it down to only one, so here's some of the favourites

The Roots - Do You Want More?!!!??!

Talking Heads - Speaking In Tongues

Slum Village - Fantastic, Vol. 2

St Germain - Tourist
Alycia Niederriter
System of a Down - Steal this album!
Deftones - Around The Fur, Diamond Eyes
The Beatles - Revolver, Abbey Road, Please Please Me, Rubber Soul
Dr Dre - Chronic 2001
Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid m.A.A.D City
Burial - Untrue
Amy Winehouse - Back To Black
Gorillaz - Demon Days
Moby - ALL albums

...and many more
Wilma Treaster
Hmmm. I don't believe I could do a single Album.. But I did try to have a small list

Single Artist Albums
  • The Orb's Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld - The Orb
  • The Man-Machine - Kraftwerk
  • En-Tact - The Shamen
  • Dimension Intursion - F.U.S.E

Mix/Compliation
  • Decks, EFX & 909 - Richie Hawtin
  • Blue Potential - Jeff Mills
  • Earth Volume Two - LTJ Bukem
Lilliana Perris
Motley Crue - Decade of Decadence

AC\DC - Fly on the Wall
Delilah Laurin
Favourite has to be Victor by Zeds Dead
Some other note worth albums are...
Megalomania-Current Value.
Way of the Warrior 2 - Shogun Audio.
Black Sun Empire - From the Shadows.
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by backtothefront
....Renaissance - The Mix Collection - Sasha & John Digweed
Amazing compilation!

One of my favourites is also a Sasha & Digweed compilation, Global Underground 13 - Ibiza.

My absolute favourite though is Global Underground NuBreed 006 mixed by Satoshi Tomiie. Really started me on my progressive house love affair.
Wynell Muma
Making this thread because I believe I confirmed with myself today what my favourite album was! About 5 years ago when I was 13 I got hold of deadmau5's random album title. I wasn't really into dance music before this, just heard bits of it that I liked. Anyway I rinsed this album out for a long time which lead me on to buying 'For lack of a better name' which in my opinion is also a great album! After this though I didn't really like what he was making, it was very hit and miss but from listening to that one album, I'm obsessed with dance music! I don't even listen to electro either these days it's mainly techno/house (tech/acid/deep). I managed to see deadmau5 a few years ago, I sneaked into one of his gigs lol but I've kinda forgotten about him since he doesn't make music I like anymore! But I just revisited 'Random album title' and I'm hooked again! It's great, here's a link to a continuous mix of the album if you've never heard it

But yeah what's yours?
Elease Floresflores
My most favorite album of all time is "Backstreet's Back" by my one of my most favorite bands Back Street Boys.
Ming Devis
Tool - Lateralus
Bryon Taglieri
Great album but not my favorite flyod album (but they did sell approx 34 mill copies) check out meddle the last track echoes is a killer and some of David Gilmour solo albums are good too.
Marcos Zelko
I just recently heard this, only reason I stumbled upon it was because I inherited a record collection of over 500+ records and this so happen to be in it. Honestly love this album, its so good!

Bryon Taglieri
Sonic youth Goo
Derrick May mix up vol. 5 (one of the best dj mix CDs ever in my oppion)
Bethann Olortegui
+1 for Illmatic.

I can listen to Paul Simon - Graceland any time of day
Margie Pavell
CCR - Chronicle
Loura Ulam
The smiths, meat is murder.
Cori Ozanich
I've got two really:

and

Note: Geogaddi by BoC would be a close third
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by backtothefront
....Renaissance - The Mix Collection - Sasha & John Digweed
Amazing compilation!

One of my favourites is also a Sasha & Digweed compilation, Global Underground 13 - Ibiza.

My absolute favourite though is Global Underground NuBreed 006 mixed by Satoshi Tomiie. Really started me on my progressive house love affair.
Lashawn Maycock
Album: Leftfield - Leftism

and if I'm allowed a compilation... then...

Renaissance - The Mix Collection - Sasha & John Digweed
Olin Easley

Easy.
Maryam Fevold
Radiohead, OK Computer is definitely up there for me.
Sherrell Dargenio
One of the few albums ever released where I like every song is

System of a Down - Toxicity

Other notable additions

Metallica - Ride The Lightning
Ensiferum - Iron
Emperor - Emperial Live Ceremony

No dance tunes there haha
Nga Mcquarter
I know I'm just a new school kid, but I LOVE Kanye's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. I got it this september, I believe, but I already knew All Of The Lights since long ago, then I heard at summer Dark Fantasy in Hangover 3, Runaway in the MTV and eventually got to see the short film. I believe it's so artistic and deep and it's definetively one of the best albums of the decade.

Second spot for Coldplay's Viva La Vida, The xx's Coexist, Daft Punk's Alive 2007, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' The Heist... these have a lot of great songs and power and message and artistry and whatever
Qiana Castellucci
Ive got a bunch in different genres. I guess we're talking albums that we can listen to again and again and never get bored with them? So....

Entroducing - DJ Shadow
Hounds of Love - Kate Bush
Travelogue - Human League
Royksopp - The Understanding

There's actually loads more than this - but these would be my main ones (I believe....)
Matt Kane
beethovens 9th symphony by herbert von karajan
Loyd Cilek
There are a few that I love but, The Fugees - The Score, is probably up there as my number 1.

Dizzee Rascal - Boy in da Corner comes in at a close second.

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy