MyUsername 's happy place.

MyUsername 's happy place.
Posted on: 26.07.2012 by Nereida Jasnoch
To celebrate my 500th post on the community that is nothing less than my newest addiction, I present to you ladies and gentlemen of DJTT, my setup !

June 2011:

My passion for music became so overwhelming that I needed an outlet for it and a way to share that passion with as much people of possible. My quest to become a skillful selecta began.

I had a DJ friend with a midi controller that had gone CDJ. I got it for €15, in perfect working order.

It was Hercules mp3 e2. I have no pictures of it.

It had no internal soundcard and I had no external one. I gave it back after a week and a half because DJing without cueing is just hit or miss. But I had fun already getting familiar with the controls, basics,...
(I even got my €15 back)

July 2011:

Another friend that knew a guy hooked me up with my first proper controller.
The hercules RMX. I loved it to bits and still do. I was planning on DJing with a friend at the time and we split the price. I payed €35. Sadly my friend wasn't as motivated as me and backed out after a few weeks.
I was getting more ambitious every day, that's why built this bitchin' desk.

I had a ton of fun back then, I sucked real hard but I believe I enjoyed it more back then, when you want to be good and raise the bar every time you get more serious.

October 2011:

I had the basics down. And was planning on getting out there and playing some entry level gigs. But after a while the RMX felt like a limiting factor because I was already addicted to having a lot of cuepoints etc.
Briefly I thought about getting CDJs, but the guy at the store pushed me towards the digital route. Later that day I searched for the S4 on youtube and found a video of Ean Golden rocking out. I was sold. And found DJTT some time later. So yea snapped a deal on the S4, got a free flightcase and free cables.

O HAI THERE!

Also seen here are the V-Moda crossfade LP's in gunmetal black. They were my first and only headphones btw because my DJ friend said to go all out on headphones as they are essential.

December 2011:

The my setup thread, back in the day when it was one huge thread, made me curious about vinyl because so many of you guys were rocking time code.
Take a guess, I knew a guy that was sitting on some turntables that he needed to get rid of. His girlfriend intervened. I got them dirt cheap.
They are JB systems T2 direct drive DJ turntables. If you're ever on the lookout for cheap, durable, quality turntables this isn't it. The torque was painstakingly low. But the feeling of playing actual records was orgasmic.

Aint this purrdy

New addition: IKEA all up in this bitch

Was feeling it was time for a bit more controllerism and also that I needed something to complement the S4's shortcomings. I remapped the RMX for full kill EQ, and effects as the S4's flightcase tends to get in the way.

April 2012:

Out with the old and in with the older. I got rid of the JB systems (made a nice profit btw extra €100 or so) and got me some Technics 1210 Mk.IIs
Needless to say one of the best decisions of my entire life. They were a little beat up but that only adds to the caracter of the TTs.

I have reached the attachment limit now and I shall continue in the next post.
Nereida Jasnoch
Originally Posted by tekki
Worked my magic at the images.
Do they even pay to work so hard ? Or is just that you have nothing better to do ?
Anyways, thanks.
Nereida Jasnoch
Originally Posted by Luconia
i'm a woman LOL
Oh now that you mention it I feel stupid for not noticing.

#Wellthisisawkward
Sylvia Greener
i'm a woman LOL

Well, nice setup! These Zero 4's are quite rare here. That's something special
Emely Metz
Originally Posted by MyUsername
This man gets it.
i'm a woman LOL
Nereida Jasnoch
it's like a fetish thing
This man gets it.

I also got a bonus pic for you guys. Another poster that I got in that room.

Reminds me of producing.
Robert Danno
Love me some Korg04.. super nice!
Nereida Jasnoch
Updated.
Latoria Kavulich
very nice progression in the setup man. good stuff
Random X
Well, I get the occasional freebie every now and than.
Nereida Jasnoch
Originally Posted by tekki
Do they even pay to work so hard ? Or is just that you have nothing better to do ?
Anyways, thanks.
Random X
Alease Fitch
hot.
Nereida Jasnoch
Updated.
Erich Vallabhaneni
dude, gorgeous setup. Lovin the Pulp Fiction posters, one of my favs! And man is that korg sexy!And I agree, buying techs is the best idea since sliced bread!
Kandi Odom
Thx for the info!!!
Nereida Jasnoch
i'm a woman LOL
Oh now that you mention it I feel stupid for not noticing.

#Wellthisisawkward
Rena Estabrook
Nice 1210s. I would love to have a black pair.
Sylvia Greener
i'm a woman LOL

Well, nice setup! These Zero 4's are quite rare here. That's something special
Emely Metz
Originally Posted by MyUsername
This man gets it.
i'm a woman LOL
Latoria Kavulich
Thats the spitting image of me. I have those 205's
Nereida Jasnoch
it's like a fetish thing
This man gets it.

I also got a bonus pic for you guys. Another poster that I got in that room.

Reminds me of producing.
Emely Metz
I sometimes really can't get over the fact how beautiful they are :')
Agreed, i love mine to death! the most prized possession of my dj rig...nothing beats the feeling of staring at 2 techs 1210..shiny..metal..robust..it's like a fetish thing :P

congrats on your setup, it's nice & colorful
Latoria Kavulich
Looking good. I do like the look of those korgs.
Nereida Jasnoch
2 large pieces of weed about 90cm wide at least (you 'll want space so go wide, maybe even 100cm or more) and for length I 'd look at the place where you 're gonna put the table.

My local DIY shop a saw mill and they cut it for me.

The 2 pieces are just put together in a L shape. They are connected with a steel plate on the underside with holes for screws.

The legs are from IKEA and are adjustible in height. You'll want it to quite a bit higher than a regular table for your back.

It hangs to the wall with L shaped brackets, maybe from IKEA I don't remember. So with the bracket put some screws in the wall, some screws in the wood, repeat and that's about it really.

I'm quite tired now, I have no idea if that was clear or not. I'll look at it again in the morning.
Kandi Odom
Hi can you please tell me how u build that table!!!!
Nereida Jasnoch
Originally Posted by Emery
Sick setup, and beautiful tech 1210's!

It's cool because I also started with an RMX and a macbook pro, and looking back it seems so tiny!
Thanks, and I know right ! It seems decent when it's all you know but after an upgrade there 's no going back. It's like seeing your first CDJ-2000 in real life, that's a huge beast.

Originally Posted by Emery
Then moved to the S4 and debating between techs or a production setup. Leaning towards techs tho. They're timeless, and so sexy
Yeah, I'd definitely look for some technics, be patient and wait for the perfect deal. You won't regret it and they 'll keep their value.

And a production setup is just a DAW. That's all you need. Maybe a VST or sample pack here and there and when you got the hang of it and 're going to put your first work on soundcloud you need monitors. But that's it really.

Maybe if you don't get midi production controllers you might be able to get turntables and a production setup.
Geri Jarra
Sick setup, and beautiful tech 1210's!

It's cool because I also started with an RMX and a macbook pro, and looking back it seems so tiny! Then moved to the S4 and debating between techs or a production setup. Leaning towards techs tho. They're timeless, and so sexy
Nereida Jasnoch
Space reserved for future updates.

Also questions are more than welcome.
Nereida Jasnoch
Ewaaaa !

Today was a good day

* CDJ-800 Mk 1 for €100
* Discogs vinyl including Skreamizm Vol. 1 and some other skreamixes among other things
Nereida Jasnoch
Waaaaaay overdue for an update:

November 2012:

New monitors.

Also built something to elevate my mixer.

December 2012:

Maschine Mk. II + Free Massive + Free Akai LPK 25
(don't mind that goat on my screen, it's a dubstepcommunity thing)

January 2013:

Shure M44-7s + Technics headshells

Also full maintenance, cleaning and a few repairs for my 1210s.
Nereida Jasnoch
MOAR technics pics:

Dusty, but still sexy as fuck.

Got some Butterrugs to make it slide like buttah.

I got the Technics first before I even got rid of the JB systems, so for a couple of days it was a bit cramped.

I sometimes really can't get over the fact how beautiful they are :')

Doesn't this make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside ?

May 2012:

Hey there little buddy !

The Korg Zero 4 makes his dramatic entry.

Scratch certified mixer. A little flimsy with the buttons but I love it, I wouldn't trade it for the world. Well maybe a DB4 but I need to rob a bank to fund that so I'm good for now.

Lookin' guud

And the award for most colourfull mixer goes to...

Reflection of Vincent and Jules, they always got my back.

July 2012:

Mooched an old monitor of a family member, makes production a bit more fun.

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy