Aliholden's DJ Pushplay set up/cave of man

Home :: What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup. :: Aliholden's DJ Pushplay set up/cave of manReply
Aliholden's DJ Pushplay set up/cave of man
Posted on: 19.06.2013 by Carlie Przygocki
So here's my setup.
Let me know that you believe.
I need to get a few cables to plug serato and Traktor into my DJM 600 (which is awaiting a new fader)
Got all of this really cheap too, apart from the MacBook Pro, that was brand new.

1 turny and a Stanton mixer came delivered in a roadcase for $500 2 years ago (sold roadcase for $150)
Maschine was $350 2 years ago
F1 and KRKs haggled down to $400 the other week
Desk $10 from ikea (second)
Shelf $10 from ikea (second)
Vestax PMC-07 Pro $230 delivered from the states 2 years ago
Serato $400 4 years ago
Traktor, needles and headphones were technically free. Bought them and a terrible quality dj set up for 450 with some records, so kept the first 3 and sold everything else on for the same amount
Second turny $150 from someone who actually used it as his record player lol
Pioneer DJM 600 $80 as it needs a new cross fader
Numark Mixtrack pro $100 (not pictured)
MPK-61 was traded for a korg padkontrol which I paid $50 for.
Monitor was $10

What I'm getting at with all this is it's pretty easy to have a nice set up on a budget. It may take time and a lot of effort keeping an eye on trade websites and eBay for some bargains, and doing some wheeling and dealing, but it's totally worth it.
Now I just need to figure out how to produce stuff now I have the tools!

To the right of this is a huge retro gaming collection too, which is ever expanding...

Tell me what you all believe!

Carlie Przygocki
IMG_2850.jpgIMG_2851.jpgIMG_2852.jpgIMG_2853.jpgIMG_2854.jpgIMG_2855.jpgIMG_2856.jpgIMG_2857.jpg

Few more pictures
Carlie Przygocki
Originally Posted by Neil Oughton
I sold my Maschine after finding it too much to incorporate into my Traktor setup... I love the idea of Ableton's new Push controller when you can play it like an instrument.
Yeah that's the new Novation Launchpad right? I'll get there in the end...
What do you use instead now?
Carlie Przygocki
Originally Posted by tothecloudd
Do you mainly use ableton just for producing or do you use it live as well? Also do you use Maschine along side Traktor? did I mention thats a nice set up you got there?
To be honest I'm still trying to find my DAW I want to use. I use ableton for doing mashups, but still using tutorials to use it live in the bridge, and to produce on it. I've also got Komplete and trying to work maschine into Traktor too, but need to wrap my head round it. Problem is I've dropped myself in at the deep end and have too many toys and no idea how to use them!

Thanks for your comments too
Carlie Przygocki
So here's my setup.
Let me know that you believe.
I need to get a few cables to plug serato and Traktor into my DJM 600 (which is awaiting a new fader)
Got all of this really cheap too, apart from the MacBook Pro, that was brand new.

1 turny and a Stanton mixer came delivered in a roadcase for $500 2 years ago (sold roadcase for $150)
Maschine was $350 2 years ago
F1 and KRKs haggled down to $400 the other week
Desk $10 from ikea (second)
Shelf $10 from ikea (second)
Vestax PMC-07 Pro $230 delivered from the states 2 years ago
Serato $400 4 years ago
Traktor, needles and headphones were technically free. Bought them and a terrible quality dj set up for 450 with some records, so kept the first 3 and sold everything else on for the same amount
Second turny $150 from someone who actually used it as his record player lol
Pioneer DJM 600 $80 as it needs a new cross fader
Numark Mixtrack pro $100 (not pictured)
MPK-61 was traded for a korg padkontrol which I paid $50 for.
Monitor was $10

What I'm getting at with all this is it's pretty easy to have a nice set up on a budget. It may take time and a lot of effort keeping an eye on trade websites and eBay for some bargains, and doing some wheeling and dealing, but it's totally worth it.
Now I just need to figure out how to produce stuff now I have the tools!

To the right of this is a huge retro gaming collection too, which is ever expanding...

Tell me what you all believe!

Catheryn Babadzhanov
all you need now is a sign reading "cave of man" and youre good to go
Carlie Przygocki
IMG_2850.jpgIMG_2851.jpgIMG_2852.jpgIMG_2853.jpgIMG_2854.jpgIMG_2855.jpgIMG_2856.jpgIMG_2857.jpg

Few more pictures
Carlie Przygocki
Originally Posted by Neil Oughton
I sold my Maschine after finding it too much to incorporate into my Traktor setup... I love the idea of Ableton's new Push controller when you can play it like an instrument.
Yeah that's the new Novation Launchpad right? I'll get there in the end...
What do you use instead now?
Clelia Roquet
Carlie Przygocki
Originally Posted by tothecloudd
Do you mainly use ableton just for producing or do you use it live as well? Also do you use Maschine along side Traktor? did I mention thats a nice set up you got there?
To be honest I'm still trying to find my DAW I want to use. I use ableton for doing mashups, but still using tutorials to use it live in the bridge, and to produce on it. I've also got Komplete and trying to work maschine into Traktor too, but need to wrap my head round it. Problem is I've dropped myself in at the deep end and have too many toys and no idea how to use them!

Thanks for your comments too
Rena Estabrook
Nice record player setup.
Rufus Ondrick
Carlie Przygocki
I use SSL for DJing and having a jam at home, but if I want to do a remix of something I prefer to do it live in Traktor. I will eventually get my head round Traktor fully to DJs on it as well but it's user interface is so messy and complicated with that compared to SSL which is really clean. Plus most clubs have permenant serato installs these days, not Traktor and as a club manager it's really annoying and disrespectful to go into a club and start ripping the gear apart, and it adds wear and tear on the RCAs inputs and cables. So I use serato, it's easier all round

Thanks for the comments too, please continue
Rufus Ondrick
Nice, Which one do you mainly use? SSL or TS?
Wilhelmina Sumbry
Sweet setup dude

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy