MichielyGil's setup

MichielyGil's setup
Posted on: 10.02.2013 by Corey Tronchin
I've posted several different setups in the community before, but I didn't have my own thread yet.

It's been quite a trip since purchasing the VCI 100, so let's just name the different setups i've had in the past:

Started in '99 with some shitty gemini turntables and a 626 gemini mixer. Got a Kaoss Pad 1 not very much later.

Somewhere along the line I got a Technics SH-EX1200 mixer, which was quite a nicemixer to be honest.

When the VCI 100 came out in Holland I got it right away (ordered it and all, so was really excited about the midi options).

After that it was the Ohm64 plus the mixer, but didn't like that one at all. Too much travel and very loose on the buttons made it not playable.

After selling the Ohm64 again I got 2 Kontrol X1's which I really liked, together with an Audio 8 DJ. That was a great setup.

Then I got into mixers for a while, getting a Denon X600 plus a couple of super OEM turntables. Sold my Audio 8 dj since the Denon was Scratch certified (stupid mistake).

Got a great deal on a X1600, so swapped it in.

Sold the 2 X1's to get a Machine since I wasn't using them (in hindsight, should've kept 1).

Then got a great deal on a Xone:4d so sold the X1600.

Somewhere I took some babysteps in producing and got a Launchpad.

And here we are! At my current setup.

I must say I really love the Xone:4D, it has a shitload of possibilities and a great soundcard!

The best thing might be the new laptop though. It's a Sony Vaio i7 3632 QM, which has a great amount of power. Got a SSD HDD as a primary disk and a second HDD of 500 GB for all music and samples.
Using an hdmi cable it is a matter of flicking open the laptop lid to go from dj modus to production modus. No need to move or change everything.

UPDATE:

So, based on Cole Parker's awesome casing, I've decided to have a go at it myself and this is the end result:

I likt it this way since my laptop doubles as a DJ and a production computer, with any cables or changes needed, only have to turn the second screen on.
Macie Mcgorty
Originally Posted by Michielygil
It's an old speaker stand i got from my uncle once. Its original use is to tilt the speakers in your living room, but turned around, it makes for a really nice maschine stand
Thats Awesome ill give you a hug for it.
Corey Tronchin
I've posted several different setups in the community before, but I didn't have my own thread yet.

It's been quite a trip since purchasing the VCI 100, so let's just name the different setups i've had in the past:

Started in '99 with some shitty gemini turntables and a 626 gemini mixer. Got a Kaoss Pad 1 not very much later.

Somewhere along the line I got a Technics SH-EX1200 mixer, which was quite a nicemixer to be honest.

When the VCI 100 came out in Holland I got it right away (ordered it and all, so was really excited about the midi options).

After that it was the Ohm64 plus the mixer, but didn't like that one at all. Too much travel and very loose on the buttons made it not playable.

After selling the Ohm64 again I got 2 Kontrol X1's which I really liked, together with an Audio 8 DJ. That was a great setup.

Then I got into mixers for a while, getting a Denon X600 plus a couple of super OEM turntables. Sold my Audio 8 dj since the Denon was Scratch certified (stupid mistake).

Got a great deal on a X1600, so swapped it in.

Sold the 2 X1's to get a Machine since I wasn't using them (in hindsight, should've kept 1).

Then got a great deal on a Xone:4d so sold the X1600.

Somewhere I took some babysteps in producing and got a Launchpad.

And here we are! At my current setup.

I must say I really love the Xone:4D, it has a shitload of possibilities and a great soundcard!

The best thing might be the new laptop though. It's a Sony Vaio i7 3632 QM, which has a great amount of power. Got a SSD HDD as a primary disk and a second HDD of 500 GB for all music and samples.
Using an hdmi cable it is a matter of flicking open the laptop lid to go from dj modus to production modus. No need to move or change everything.

UPDATE:

So, based on Cole Parker's awesome casing, I've decided to have a go at it myself and this is the end result:

I likt it this way since my laptop doubles as a DJ and a production computer, with any cables or changes needed, only have to turn the second screen on.
Corey Tronchin
haha, much appreciated!
Macie Mcgorty
Originally Posted by Michielygil
It's an old speaker stand i got from my uncle once. Its original use is to tilt the speakers in your living room, but turned around, it makes for a really nice maschine stand
Thats Awesome ill give you a hug for it.
Random X
Nice update!
Corey Tronchin
Macie Mcgorty
What stand are you using for the maschine?
Corey Tronchin
updated it with the new situation. I like how I double use the monitor speakers for both production and djing now.
Evia Nitch
Nice to see your setup!

Do you ever run Mashine full speed and traktor alongside? I have your exact setup, with the exception that I have an extra laptop where you have a launchpad....
Random X
I know I have seen this around, somewhere.
Corey Tronchin
Thanks!

Yeah I had to take that shelf off when there was still a desktop pc standing there. I did it the rough way, so can't put it back up there. I guess it's a good space now for some boxes

The stuff on my wall isn't really art, more some posters which I hung up to cover up some bad graffitti
Nevada Edgette
Nice get up you got there. I like how you left one shelf off on the expedit... smart Why didnt I believe of that.
You know, maybe we should start a thread called "show your wall" since almost all of us have some kind of art displyed above our setups.

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy