Jaydizzle's Basic Dj studio setup

Jaydizzle's Basic Dj studio setup
Posted on: 19.06.2013 by Wilhelmina Sumbry
Well...

Here is my setup.. not finnished yet, but its a start.

Made from an Ikea expedit bookcase.

Added some stuff =)
DjSetup.jpg
Wilhelmina Sumbry
Originally Posted by botstein
Sweet setup!

White 1210s are the business!

I've been holding off on whitewashing my NI gear for a while, but might take the leap once my X1 mk2 shows up!

Powder coat them!

Look well cool !!! But i want a skin on them. Gonna send www.12inchskinz.com a Message to see if They have any templates.

This is what the setup looks so far
image.jpg
Ervin Calvery
Sweet setup!

Originally Posted by Patch
Tell you what - some nice White 1210's would look great with all that white gear....

I've been holding off on whitewashing my NI gear for a while, but might take the leap once my X1 mk2 shows up!

Originally Posted by JayDizzle
Yeah dude. Wanted 1200 skin in white, but can't find the templates on www.12inchskinz.com. Think they don't do em anymore
Powder coat them!
Wilhelmina Sumbry
Tell you what - some nice White 1210's would look great with all that white gear....
Yeah dude. Wanted 1200 skin in white, but can't find the templates on www.12inchskinz.com. Think they don't do em anymore
Wilhelmina Sumbry
image.jpg pimped up my gear a bit
Wilhelmina Sumbry
Originally Posted by Sanader
I ve got the same ikea setup and I would deffinitely say that you miss the sound putting your speakers there, check out for speakers stands or something that will put them at the right height...
Thanx buddy for the tip. I'll see if I can find a solution.

But so far I have a big lack of space
Wilhelmina Sumbry
I like your coloured Drona boxes. I used the black ones - just 'cos they were cheaper (and 'cos I'm tight!)
Hehe it was actually my wife who picked them up well happy
Wilhelmina Sumbry
Originally Posted by botstein
Sweet setup!

Powder coat them!

Look well cool !!! But i want a skin on them. Gonna send www.12inchskinz.com a Message to see if They have any templates.

This is what the setup looks so far
image.jpg
Ervin Calvery
Sweet setup!

Originally Posted by JayDizzle
Powder coat them!
Brunilda Kora
Great shame...

I actually have 2x1210 cabinets that have already been painted white that I would sell if you're up for a little DIY modding???
Wilhelmina Sumbry
Brunilda Kora
Wilhelmina Sumbry
image.jpg pimped up my gear a bit
Wilhelmina Sumbry
Originally Posted by Sanader
I ve got the same ikea setup and I would deffinitely say that you miss the sound putting your speakers there, check out for speakers stands or something that will put them at the right height...
Thanx buddy for the tip. I'll see if I can find a solution.

But so far I have a big lack of space
Yajaira Harang
Wilhelmina Sumbry
I like your coloured Drona boxes. I used the black ones - just 'cos they were cheaper (and 'cos I'm tight!)
Hehe it was actually my wife who picked them up well happy
Brunilda Kora
Wilhelmina Sumbry
Just realized that the picture above was taken before i added another set of legs(Middle legs) ill upload a new one in the morning =)
Wilhelmina Sumbry
This looks really nice - but I'd be worried about it being top-heavy. You'll know that those flight cases aren't light!

Have you thought about maybe adding an Ikea table top with some adjustable legs at the back for stability?

It IS a really nice set-up you've got there, though. Looks like a lot of fun to use.
Yes. I thought about it. But ive got 6 wheel-legs attached on bottom (might not show in the picture) and the weight is mostly spread to the sides. The turntables + its flightcases are what weighs most of the setup.
The Ikea Expedit hold the weight due to the middle shelfs as extra support.
The positive thing about having some weight on the sides its stability. especially since i have wheels as legs. but ill let u guys know if it colapses =))))

Thanx for the tip anyway bro
Brunilda Kora
This looks really nice - but I'd be worried about it being top-heavy. You'll know that those flight cases aren't light!

Have you thought about maybe adding an Ikea table top with some adjustable legs at the back for stability?

It IS a really nice set-up you've got there, though. Looks like a lot of fun to use.
Wilhelmina Sumbry
Originally Posted by nudedudewithattitude
Looks great! Do you find the sound annoying with the speakers so low?
Well. Not me. I believe it still sounds great. But maybe picky ears evening

My plan was to have them elevated (on poles ) like most djs have. But due to lack of space in the
Room, I decided to get just one ikea expedit bookcase and not 2. Since I only got 1. I had no space to elevate the speakers.
But I'm happy with the setup.

If you do have the space to have 2 ikea expedition bookcases, you should. If you want the pole solution. This Is also a budget solution.
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by nudedudewithattitude
My thought exactly
Marcelina Hanaway
Wilhelmina Sumbry
IKEA dioder lights up
Wilhelmina Sumbry
Originally Posted by mdcdesign
An Expedit bookcase and a SHITLOAD of flight cases/stands haha :P

Looks good mate
1 flight case for traktor S4(native instruments)
2 flight case for turntables(proDJuser)
1 laptopstand(proDJuser)

4 drona box(IKEA)

And i might get The led diods(ikea) to pimp it up
Wilhelmina Sumbry
Well

Its not complicated at all.

Its basicly 1 ikea expedit bookcase. 2 prodjuser turntable flight cases. 1 traktor S4 flightcase(native instruments) and
1 prodjuser laptop stand.

I'm off to Ikea again today to look at some led lights
Doreen Schurle
An Expedit bookcase and a SHITLOAD of flight cases/stands haha :P

Looks good mate

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy