RodmanSan's DJ & Producer Setup

RodmanSan's DJ & Producer Setup
Posted on: 13.07.2013 by Harvey Mcintyre
My studio setup...and at the same time my introduction over here on this community ....

I am a DJ & Producer under the name RodmanSan from E-Troid, the Netherlands... and also running my own record label under the name Fluff Girl Wax (www.fluffgirlwax.nl).

So here it is...some pictures concerning my pride and joy in my house....my men-den where i play and create my music :

- My setup with dust covers...

- Complete overview with DDJ-SX installed....when i produce music the stand is removed so i can sit in a normal way...

- Right side view...

- Left side view...

- And finally....top view...

Edit : Upon request...my gearlist (quite extensive when i look back at it...) :

- Moog Voyager Signature Edition (mods : Memory & Slewrate) : Mostly used as Master Keyboard (lead & bass sounds).

- Ribbon Controller for my Moog (mod : same color as Moog, made by Walking Stick) : Used for slides.

- Moog MP 201 Multipedal : Used to sculp sounds due to the four independent envelope generators.

- Rocktron Banshee 2 : Talk Box…for the Zapp fans…you know who you are…

- Korg Wavedrum (mod : Remo Black Suede Ambassador) : Used for percussive loops or as fill-up in my tracks.

- Yamaha 01V Digital 16 channel mixer (mod : expanded with 8 extra channels) : I have used this extensively for live gigs due to the fact that it has motorized faders, plus i believe this is one of the best mixers for the sound quality, options and with a small footprint. I have placed mine on a Quik Lok QL402 stand so it can freely move into any position.

- Pioneer RMX 1000 : Mainly used as an external FX used in a send/return loop on my 01V mixer.

- Acces Virus TI Desktop : In my opinion one of the best synths of its kind due to the typical sound for dance productions, great beast for all types of sounds.

- Roland Sonic Cell (mods : Expanded with SRX-06 & SRX-10) : Mostly used for the more realistic sound types / copper, orchestra…etc…

- Samson D1500 Real Time Analyzer : One of my latest additions to my setup as i was missing something visual compared to what i hear, now i can see what frequencies are missing or how i should influence my track sound balanced wise.

- Sequentix Cirklon : ana/digi Step Sequencer. Great for creating melodies, baselines... and one of the best stable Midi clocks available which is connected to all my gear. So this is my Master Clock, plus i can play all connected instruments via my Master Keyboard, so no re-plugging required.

- Akai MPC5000 (mods : Wooden sides, all buttons blacked out, chrome knobs, fat pads, 192MB RAM, 500GB HD) : This is my main drum computer and sampler, all beats are programmed on this beast.

- TC Electronics Fireworx : FX processor for very…very freaky FX as you can put serial/parallel of each other for strange mixups, use it also for "simple" reverbs.

- TC Electronics Finalizer 96k : I believe that this is still one of my best buys in years, especially when doing live gigs, this gives the side PA a nice clean compressed stereo signal which has still enough headroom (so halfway the gig you can slowly pump it even louder…hehehe…). Fantastic multi band compressor/limiter/expander.

- Syntecno TeeBee Mk3 : One of the few Dutch mono synths made, one of the better TB303 imitators with many extra tricks under its sleeve.

- Studio Electronics ATC-1 with Bank Selector incl. Roland TB303, ARP 2600 & Oberheim SEM cartridges : This was my first mono synth which i still use often for great baselines.

- DBX 166A Compressor/Limiter : I use this to tame my ATC-1….

- Traktor Kontrol X1 : I guess you know what this does.

- Pioneer DDJ-SX (upcoming mod : Chroma Caps) : The second controller which needs no explanation.

- KRK VXT6 : The VXT's are in my opinion one of the better monitors in the KRK series, i placed mine on Auralex pads for decoupling the bass.

- Studio RTA Producer Station : Recording desk where everything i have is build or fitted upon, very flexible desk with enough rack space, but can be sometimes difficult to built together as it felt like an IKEA package when it arrived….

- IKEA Dioder Led Lights : A perfect combo for the desk as i missed better lighting. Placed them under my Monitor shelve.

- Macbook Pro 2,8GHz Duo Core with 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD HD running OSX 10.8.4 : Traktor for DJ work, Logic Pro for recording my tracks. I use a Henge docking station for easy taking it in and out of my studio setup, and a powered 7-ports Belkin USB hub which realy works for a hub...!

- Tascam US-144 Mk2 : USB Audio Interface which is connected via spdif with my Finalizer so i can record everything digitally.

- Besides of this there is still some old music gear stuff like a record/tape/DAT player for my sample collection
Harvey Mcintyre
Originally Posted by 031999
how do you like the RMX 1000?
The RMX 1000 is a great FX unit when i want to remix while DJ-ing or Producing the track i am working on.
Only part which could be perfected is the amount of effect.

Plus side though is that you can edit each effect and save this on a Memcard so you have your personal variation on the default settings.

I set it up as a send-receive on a dedicated AUX channel on my mixer, so i can determine what will be influenced iso. on the Master out.
Harvey Mcintyre
Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu
Who modded the Akai?
Beautiful set up btw..
I did the modding all by myself.

It consists of the following : Made the wooden sides myself, Knobs exchanged for Schaller 178RU dome knobs, Black Fat Pads from MPCstuff & max. Memory/HD.
Nga Mcquarter
Who modded the Akai?
Beautiful set up btw..
I believe those Akai's are custom made in custommpc.com, I don't know.
Harvey Mcintyre
Originally Posted by DarioJ
What really gets me is the custom dust covers... It must be like Christmas every time you uncover everything. Great setup!

Mind if I ask where you got the covers at?
Ha...indeed...i get the same feeling you are describing...

It is a small company from the Netherlands which still type their receipts and let you pay afterwards.
I am not sure if they also send their covers worldwide.....but it's worth investigating.

Website is not that special but can be found at (note : website is in dutch) : http://www.compu-cap.nl/shop.phtml
Harvey Mcintyre
Originally Posted by pgtampa
Amazing.. going to need a detailed list so I can start adding to my wishlist!
Edit : Placed my current gearlist in the startpost of this topic....
Harvey Mcintyre
Originally Posted by Nitrotix
Amazing set-up It looks like a display at a music store with all the flagship products Very jealous
Thank you for the compliments....took me at least 20 years to get where i am at now...so it makes me in a way proud what i had in mind for the ideal studio setup.
Dia Laryea
Originally Posted by RodmanSan
Hehehe....made me believe about :

Please sponsor me. please
Harvey Mcintyre
Originally Posted by 031999
The RMX 1000 is a great FX unit when i want to remix while DJ-ing or Producing the track i am working on.
Only part which could be perfected is the amount of effect.

Plus side though is that you can edit each effect and save this on a Memcard so you have your personal variation on the default settings.

I set it up as a send-receive on a dedicated AUX channel on my mixer, so i can determine what will be influenced iso. on the Master out.
Harvey Mcintyre
Who modded the Akai?
Beautiful set up btw..
I did the modding all by myself.

It consists of the following : Made the wooden sides myself, Knobs exchanged for Schaller 178RU dome knobs, Black Fat Pads from MPCstuff & max. Memory/HD.
Nga Mcquarter
Who modded the Akai?
Beautiful set up btw..
I believe those Akai's are custom made in custommpc.com, I don't know.
Lannie Kutay
Ada Matzkin
Who modded the Akai?
Beautiful set up btw..
Harvey Mcintyre
Really happy with my Chroma capped SX :

Chung Rosaro
Just a bonerlicious setup. It is setups like yours where I wonder what you do for a living...
Robert Danno
I've read this half a dozen times.. this is by far my favorite community post in the history of community posts. Amazing studio you've got there.
Harvey Mcintyre
Originally Posted by DarioJ
What really gets me is the custom dust covers... It must be like Christmas every time you uncover everything. Great setup!

Ha...indeed...i get the same feeling you are describing...

It is a small company from the Netherlands which still type their receipts and let you pay afterwards.
I am not sure if they also send their covers worldwide.....but it's worth investigating.

Website is not that special but can be found at (note : website is in dutch) : http://www.compu-cap.nl/shop.phtml
Judi Sissel

Harvey Mcintyre
Originally Posted by pgtampa
Edit : Placed my current gearlist in the startpost of this topic....
Robert Danno
Marci Pavloff
Icing on the cake! Sweet Setup!
Harvey Mcintyre
Originally Posted by Nitrotix
Amazing set-up It looks like a display at a music store with all the flagship products Very jealous
Thank you for the compliments....took me at least 20 years to get where i am at now...so it makes me in a way proud what i had in mind for the ideal studio setup.
Ashlyn Gaulrapp
Dia Laryea

Please sponsor me. please
Harvey Mcintyre
Originally Posted by Danek
Dude, I jizzed.

Harvey Mcintyre
Originally Posted by JesusJuice
how long have you had that thing? and where did you find it, cuz it looks like an oldie...
It is not as old as a Mini Moog...

I have this Moog Voyager Signature Edition since 2008, got it via E-Bay and has been modified by Rudi Linhard himself for some extra memory banks and slew rate.
Armanda Yankauskas
Very well spotted...!
how long have you had that thing? and where did you find it, cuz it looks like an oldie...
Dia Laryea
Dude, I jizzed.
Harvey Mcintyre
Originally Posted by JesusJuice
eye spy a moog!
Very well spotted...!
Armanda Yankauskas
eye spy a moog!
Hellen Mindrup
Unreal, looks sick.
Harvey Mcintyre
Originally Posted by MYE
Wow what a beautiful setup I'm loving all the production gear it must be a joy to use
It took some time for me to get to the point where i am at nowadays...but i still love every minute the moment i enter my studio.
Thank you for your kind words...
Bunny Sockel
Wow what a beautiful setup I'm loving all the production gear it must be a joy to use

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy