Simple setup(and past setups)

Simple setup(and past setups)
Posted on: 26.08.2013 by Alvin Finucane
IMG_7845.jpg
not my very first setup(i used to rock the xl 500s back in the day) but i had these for a while back when they weren't $1000 per turntable. still work, but that pmx-7 mixer has had it. i fell in love with that mixer when I saw funk flex use it on Yo mtv raps in 1994. one of my favorite mixers is the gemini pdm-6008. i sold mine to a friend for $60 about 10 years ago cuz he begged me for it.
IMG_7846.jpg
The cdt-05s. i rocked many shows with these and they are dependable. The good thing is that at a show when someone doesn't bring a jump drive and instead a cd, i don't have to upload it to my laptop. I could just scratch the cd.(didn't use the cases at the shows due to inserting cds. i found some cases for them online though)the torque is higher than the techs. When i'd use these for a while, I'd be off when using the techs again cuz they'd be so much slower. Reliable turntables. People that criticize them have never used them.
IMG_7883.jpg
This is my current setup. I dont believe i'll ever go back to the techs again. Yes they are built like tanks, but so are these. Higher torque, more features, 78rpm(if you're sampling into an sp1200), braking feature, better pitch control, etc.. I can still use the techs if they are at a spot i go to, but when I travel with my setup, I'm using these. I'm still using the Ps-626 gemini mixer with this setup. I started to get a Rane, but this baby gets the job done and as long as the crossfader is working properly(as it has for years), i dont need the extra features on a mixer. I didn't have them back in the day, so i'm kind of old fasioned

I put more money into my studio than djaying. Mic's, instruments, monitors, etc, but I still have a passion for vinyl and beat juggling.
Alvin Finucane
IMG_7845.jpg
not my very first setup(i used to rock the xl 500s back in the day) but i had these for a while back when they weren't $1000 per turntable. still work, but that pmx-7 mixer has had it. i fell in love with that mixer when I saw funk flex use it on Yo mtv raps in 1994. one of my favorite mixers is the gemini pdm-6008. i sold mine to a friend for $60 about 10 years ago cuz he begged me for it.
IMG_7846.jpg
The cdt-05s. i rocked many shows with these and they are dependable. The good thing is that at a show when someone doesn't bring a jump drive and instead a cd, i don't have to upload it to my laptop. I could just scratch the cd.(didn't use the cases at the shows due to inserting cds. i found some cases for them online though)the torque is higher than the techs. When i'd use these for a while, I'd be off when using the techs again cuz they'd be so much slower. Reliable turntables. People that criticize them have never used them.
IMG_7883.jpg
This is my current setup. I dont believe i'll ever go back to the techs again. Yes they are built like tanks, but so are these. Higher torque, more features, 78rpm(if you're sampling into an sp1200), braking feature, better pitch control, etc.. I can still use the techs if they are at a spot i go to, but when I travel with my setup, I'm using these. I'm still using the Ps-626 gemini mixer with this setup. I started to get a Rane, but this baby gets the job done and as long as the crossfader is working properly(as it has for years), i dont need the extra features on a mixer. I didn't have them back in the day, so i'm kind of old fasioned

I put more money into my studio than djaying. Mic's, instruments, monitors, etc, but I still have a passion for vinyl and beat juggling.
Alvin Finucane
It's like weightlifting.
Rufus Ondrick
you bring the stantons to gigs? must be a lot of work

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy