Mart's Long Controller Love Affair...

Home :: What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup. :: Mart's Long Controller Love Affair...Reply
Mart's Long Controller Love Affair...
Posted on: 01.09.2013 by Asha Kravetz
So about 4 years ago, I got this crazy idea that I wanted to be a DJ.. Four years and too much money later, I'm still smiling.. I can't believe this is

First controllers I got.. LPD8 and an Ion Mixer. Virtual Dj and it was an ok start. Mixing was mixing..

In comes the Midi fighter. (Sorry, no pics)

Out go the LPD8 and midifighter...

NS6 comes in the same summer.

Didn't really like the NS6, got the DDJ-S1 a month later. (No Pics)

Didn't really like that either...

Then onto the good ol' Kontrol S4. What an awesome controller. Two wonderful years of taking it everywhere , up and down, in and out. I still feel like a piece of me was stuck inside that Kontrol S4 when I let it go today..

Then I got the F1 for Christmas... That controller was nice, but I never really took to it... (Ghetto laptop stand because my S4 was normally dormant in its flight case for the most part).

Naturally, she'd been getting worn, the USB jack broke, scratched up all over. I decided it was time to say good bye.... Thanks to the wonderful labor day deals, the time, and price, were right. I bid the S4 one last adieu and came home with this...

She still needs a case to call home, and that will be coming within the next few weeks. After the constant 'serato face' i'd been getting with the Kontrol S4 Slide-out, I decided flight case laptop shelves were a work of Satan, so it's time to shop for a case without one.

Bonus points came for being instantly familiar with serato after 2 months of time learning it before moving to traktor. Needless to say, Serato fits me more, although i'm seriously going to miss the variable, nonstandard delays that Traktor came with.

Oh boy what a wonderful few years this has been.
Asha Kravetz
So about 4 years ago, I got this crazy idea that I wanted to be a DJ.. Four years and too much money later, I'm still smiling.. I can't believe this is

First controllers I got.. LPD8 and an Ion Mixer. Virtual Dj and it was an ok start. Mixing was mixing..

In comes the Midi fighter. (Sorry, no pics)

Out go the LPD8 and midifighter...

NS6 comes in the same summer.

Didn't really like the NS6, got the DDJ-S1 a month later. (No Pics)

Didn't really like that either...

Then onto the good ol' Kontrol S4. What an awesome controller. Two wonderful years of taking it everywhere , up and down, in and out. I still feel like a piece of me was stuck inside that Kontrol S4 when I let it go today..

Then I got the F1 for Christmas... That controller was nice, but I never really took to it... (Ghetto laptop stand because my S4 was normally dormant in its flight case for the most part).

Naturally, she'd been getting worn, the USB jack broke, scratched up all over. I decided it was time to say good bye.... Thanks to the wonderful labor day deals, the time, and price, were right. I bid the S4 one last adieu and came home with this...

She still needs a case to call home, and that will be coming within the next few weeks. After the constant 'serato face' i'd been getting with the Kontrol S4 Slide-out, I decided flight case laptop shelves were a work of Satan, so it's time to shop for a case without one.

Bonus points came for being instantly familiar with serato after 2 months of time learning it before moving to traktor. Needless to say, Serato fits me more, although i'm seriously going to miss the variable, nonstandard delays that Traktor came with.

Oh boy what a wonderful few years this has been.
Sharan Neadeau
Lovin it man! I've been considering snaggin an all-in-one controller, but I just can't leave Traktor lol

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy