Botstein's Setup

Botstein's Setup
Posted on: 22.03.2012 by Ervin Calvery
Hi All - Welcome to my kitchen, where delicious espresso and tea, my mixtapes, and my carefully constructed music are all brewed.

I'm sure veterans of the community will be familiar with all of the controllers here, but just in case, from left to right,

Maschine mk2, Traktor Kontrol F1 (x2), Traktor Kontrol X1 mk2, Traktor Kontrol Z2 (all Native Instruments), custom Technics 1200s (mk2) Maschine (original), Behringer BCF2000, Keith McMillen Instruments QuNeo, QuNexus, SoftStep (below, next to the kitchen subwoofer), an iPad, and a Novation 61SLmk2.

I typically use Ortofon Elektro cartridges.

For the most part, Traktor and Maschine are to my left when I play, and Ableton, Max/MSP, Reaktor, sometimes more Maschine, any live instrumentand all visuals are to the right.

Lights out:

Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant
ha my girlfriend would have my head on a stake if my stuff started to spill out of my den and into the rest of the house.
fun looking set up bud
Thanks man!

I like to live it and have my instruments there when I get through the door. It keep me writing and practicing.
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by DJEklipse
Dope setup! Did you buy the Technics like that or did you have them customized? If so, how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking. I'm believeing about changing the target lights in my Tech 12s to blue.
I pmed you. The specific customization you are looking for is not particularly difficult or expensive.
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by Jamesfredette
Man that is an innovative way to house your stuff..looking awesome..pics were just great.
Thanks James!
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by Jaydon34
Did you do the custom tech's yourself?
Not these, no. I would definitely like to someday (not for several years) make a multiple-person setup (at least 2 by 4, maybe an octagon if I have room) with all custom techs with different personalities (myself).

One of these days when NI sells the white faceplate for the z2 you can complete your setup!!
I believe they just sent me a replacement faceplate, actually (all my paint under my faders is gone). I really like the look of the white Maschine mk2, and the one-off white F1 they gave away, and might go in that white/silver direction next time I make something.
Tanner Adis
Originally Posted by botstein
Thanks, man! Always remember to use decksavers.
Did you do the custom tech's yourself? One of these days when NI sells the white faceplate for the z2 you can complete your setup!!
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant
ha my girlfriend would have my head on a stake if my stuff started to spill out of my den and into the rest of the house.
fun looking set up bud
Thanks man!

I like to live it and have my instruments there when I get through the door. It keep me writing and practicing.
Rebbecca Fennell
fun looking set up bud
Dione Haimes
the electrician inside me is screaming THE GEAR IS TOO CLOSE TO THE SINK!!!!!
Vada Branyon
I love the caps man... Some nices combo's on there!
Alphonse Hack
Decks look terrific. The white timecode sets them off really well.
Temple Cervelli
Woah, colourful! Looks really cool man!!
Ana Butt
Left me speechless O.O
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by DJEklipse
Dope setup! Did you buy the Technics like that or did you have them customized? If so, how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking. I'm believeing about changing the target lights in my Tech 12s to blue.
I pmed you. The specific customization you are looking for is not particularly difficult or expensive.
Phebe Marthey
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by Jamesfredette
Man that is an innovative way to house your stuff..looking awesome..pics were just great.
Thanks James!
Karleen Kuzel
Ervin Calvery
Did you do the custom tech's yourself?
Not these, no. I would definitely like to someday (not for several years) make a multiple-person setup (at least 2 by 4, maybe an octagon if I have room) with all custom techs with different personalities (myself).

One of these days when NI sells the white faceplate for the z2 you can complete your setup!!
I believe they just sent me a replacement faceplate, actually (all my paint under my faders is gone). I really like the look of the white Maschine mk2, and the one-off white F1 they gave away, and might go in that white/silver direction next time I make something.
Tanner Adis
Originally Posted by botstein
Did you do the custom tech's yourself? One of these days when NI sells the white faceplate for the z2 you can complete your setup!!
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by Stewe
Yeeeah, that sounds delicious and a lots of fun. Wish I can make a trip mate, would be awesome to check out Quneo and put some reggae beats under the trumpets
If you make dub/reggae beats and want horn turnarounds, I can hook you up.
Ervin Calvery
amazing setup bro.... An ORGY OF GEAR LOVE IT!!!
Tanner Adis
amazing setup bro.... An ORGY OF GEAR LOVE IT!!!
Kellie Myrum
Yeeeah, that sounds delicious and a lots of fun. Wish I can make a trip mate, would be awesome to check out Quneo and put some reggae beats under the trumpets
Ervin Calvery
A mapping cook-off is actually a really fun idea - I don't know if you can make the trip, though!
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by Stewe
That's crazy setup Sam and kind of kitchen I'd spend time at

So many mapping potential in there
We can have a mapping cook-off!
Kellie Myrum
That's crazy setup Sam and kind of kitchen I'd spend time at

So many mapping potential in there
Alvin Finucane
White techs in the kitchen? That's a combination I've never seen before. Dope setup.
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by Buttaa
Your turntables are dope.. I'm in love!
They love you back!
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by Kwal
Sick dude... Would you recommend the Quneo?
Yes, definitely! PM me if you have any questions about it, and thanks.
Hellen Mindrup
Sick dude... Would you recommend the Quneo?
Latoria Kavulich
merged your threads mate. one per member please dude
Daine Gambuti
Your turntables are dope.. I'm in love!
Daine Gambuti
Your turntables are dope. I'm in love!
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by tothecloudd
omg it's beautiful
Thanks, yo
Rufus Ondrick
omg it's beautiful
Ervin Calvery
Hi All - Welcome to my kitchen, where delicious espresso and tea, my mixtapes, and my carefully constructed music are all brewed.

I'm sure veterans of the community will be familiar with all of the controllers here, but just in case, from left to right,

Maschine mk2, Traktor Kontrol F1 (x2), Traktor Kontrol X1 mk2, Traktor Kontrol Z2 (all Native Instruments), custom Technics 1200s (mk2) Maschine (original), Behringer BCF2000, Keith McMillen Instruments QuNeo, QuNexus, SoftStep (below, next to the kitchen subwoofer), an iPad, and a Novation 61SLmk2.

I typically use Ortofon Elektro cartridges.

For the most part, Traktor and Maschine are to my left when I play, and Ableton, Max/MSP, Reaktor, sometimes more Maschine, any live instrumentand all visuals are to the right.

Lights out:

Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by RockingClub
Your "not pictured" list!

Very nice setup as well. I feel there'll be a lot to come this year
Thanks - and yes. I'm working on some stuff.
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by Nakkanen
Those Skinz are beautiful, you have just sold me on them. Time to get some for my gear! Great looking setup too.
Thanks -

The skins were a nice gift - I have got to say, it really pays to cover up one's gear in skins, and store them in cases, and decksavers. I also keep those little plastic covers that come on Ortofon cartridges on while not playing or in the case.
The skins equivalent to all the ZAGG stuff (invisibleSHIELD, etc) for consumer electronics. If you don't use the default mappings, they can be useful to denote those, too.
Tomiko Schellenberger
Those Skinz are beautiful, you have just sold me on them. Time to get some for my gear! Great looking setup too.
Sylvia Greener
Your "not pictured" list!

Very nice setup as well. I feel there'll be a lot to come this year
Ervin Calvery
I was very pleased to be the first to be given some glow-y Chroma Caps. I grabbed a few photos from after a practice session in my kitchen in San Francisco. I figured it would be nice to share the photos, which feature some other pieces of my setup, here as opposed to in the general community s.

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy