I can finally practice!

I can finally practice!
Posted on: 26.11.2012 by Dung Domingus
Been a long time coming, but I finally got most of my setup complete! I'm a producer who started off djing in Ableton. Then after playing around with other controllers, I decided that wasn't the way I wanted to go (though I still use Ableton for production). All I need now is laptop stand(probably a crane pro), new laptop(old one is solid, but want something more portable and powerful), and last but not least...some chroma caps!
IMG_20121126_175257.jpg
Ming Devis
Originally Posted by Kid Quest
Thanks for the compliments!

Yeah I did a lot of research when picking out everything. I have about 5 crates of records already that used to belong to my aunt from the 80's. There's a couple of disco house records, some Michael Jackson, motown stuff, and some weird experimental jazz along with a bunch of other stuff. I've bought a few myself too. I really enjoyed the experience of record shopping. I'm going to set some funds aside to splurge on some house records soon.
Nice one man. Buying records definitely feels more rewarding to me than buying mp3's even though I have no decent local record shops around and have to wait a week or two in the post! I'm guessing you've heard of Discogs.com? If not jump on that for sure.
Dung Domingus
Originally Posted by LoopCat
Great decks the str8 150's and a tidy first set up. Are you going to be collecting vinyl or just Traktor?
Yeah I did a lot of research when picking out everything. I have about 5 crates of records already that used to belong to my aunt from the 80's. There's a couple of disco house records, some Michael Jackson, motown stuff, and some weird experimental jazz along with a bunch of other stuff. I've bought a few myself too. I really enjoyed the experience of record shopping. I'm going to set some funds aside to splurge on some house records soon.
Dung Domingus
Took a better picture of my ikea dj booth. I have a matching ikea table sitting there that's normally against the wall to the right of the booth that I move in front of it when I'm producing.
IMG_0005[1].JPG
Dung Domingus
Been a long time coming, but I finally got most of my setup complete! I'm a producer who started off djing in Ableton. Then after playing around with other controllers, I decided that wasn't the way I wanted to go (though I still use Ableton for production). All I need now is laptop stand(probably a crane pro), new laptop(old one is solid, but want something more portable and powerful), and last but not least...some chroma caps!
IMG_20121126_175257.jpg
Ming Devis
Originally Posted by Kid Quest

Nice one man. Buying records definitely feels more rewarding to me than buying mp3's even though I have no decent local record shops around and have to wait a week or two in the post! I'm guessing you've heard of Discogs.com? If not jump on that for sure.
Shery Bergson
I have the same exact setup! Even down to the F1. I love it, I decided to upgrade to this from my S4 since I wanted to learn how to scratch and get more of a hands on feel to mixing.
Dung Domingus
Originally Posted by LoopCat
Great decks the str8 150's and a tidy first set up. Are you going to be collecting vinyl or just Traktor?
Amberly Maimon
nice and clean!
Ming Devis
Dung Domingus
I'm still very much a scratch noob, but I'm down!
Alton Bettiga
Chicago skratch nerds, unite!

if you're on facebook, add a brother www.facebook.com/jam1chicago
get in a good session before this winter snow comes and locks us all in
Hellen Mindrup
Chicago jam sessions
Rufus Ondrick
i'm seeing this set up more and more hahaha good choice of gear
Alton Bettiga
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee session sometime son! I see you're in Chicago too, let the Z2's unite in cuttery goodness
Dung Domingus
Took a better picture of my ikea dj booth. I have a matching ikea table sitting there that's normally against the wall to the right of the booth that I move in front of it when I'm producing.
IMG_0005[1].JPG
Dung Domingus
@Scott Michael I produce and play all edm genres. I know that's pretty broad, but I just play and make stuff I dig, anything from uk house to moombahton.

@dubyou Yeah, I haven't even gotten to thoroughly mess around with it yet.

@MRG12EG Yeah they are the str8 150's with the 680hp cartridge/headshell. I want to get some blue chroma caps to match them
Jeffrey Akinsanya
thats a tidy setup! are they the top of the range stantons?
Dick Korus
completely jealous. Dig that z2! I need to get rid of my vci 400 ege first though before i can get mine :/
Jenae Hensarling
Looks great! What genre do you mix and produce?

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy