ANDroYd's set-up

ANDroYd's set-up
Posted on: 24.09.2013 by Charlette Westre
New poster here, so why not show off? :)

2 x Vestax PDX-2000's. Very nice turntables with high torque, variable start/stop speed, +/-10% pitch control, and a separate wide range +/-50% pitch control.

2 x CDJ-400s. Show here native traktor control mode. (sound for those channels comes from the mixer soundcard)

Denon DN-X1600. An altogether awesome digital mixer. Considered Denon's analogue of the DJM-800, it has some pretty good onboard FX and has an 4 channel internal sound card (traktor scratch certified, no traktor card needed).

Not shown here:
Traktor X1: I have this mapped to be used as both a stand-alone internal mixing controller (FX knobs remapped to volume and EQ for 2 channels, and FX buttons to 4 cue points per channel), or to add looping/cue point/DVS-mode control to my primary DVS channels.

LPD8: Traktor FX for all 4 channels are controlled by activating a channel for FX and then using one of 8 FX knobs on the LPD8. Also 2 cue points for each channel, in case i don't have the x1 around.

APC 40: Controls a modifed Will Marshall ableton DJ set that can be used with internal mixing, or with 4 channels sent to the Denon x1600 soundcard by setting the channel outputs in ableton accordingly. I've gotten used to beat-matching ableton to traktor/cdjs and vice-versa. Obviously i wouldn't try to take both a full traktor and ableton set-up to a gig, but for a few gigs i've had live instruments play along with me (trumpet and guitar), and being able to switch from spontaneous set-up (traktor, beatmatch mostly anything by ear without prep) to a master-tempo-locked loop-based set-up (ableton) gives the instrumentalists and more solid base to play with.

Anyways, hope y'all like it, and i hope the clean it up in the near future. Uggh wires...

Sherlyn Wolver
Originally Posted by ANDroYd
I like those records a lot probably the only reason i got into practicing scratching as much as i do. they're pretty worn out now so i might get the glow in the dark ones.
I have the glow in the dark ones as well. I'm sorry but when it comes to scratching, I need real vinyl. The glow in the dark ones is nice when your getting down in dark area's but the blue and yellow match my whole theme of my setup!
Charlette Westre
Originally Posted by WilliamThaKonqueror
Props for owning the bully breaks!!
I like those records a lot probably the only reason i got into practicing scratching as much as i do. they're pretty worn out now so i might get the glow in the dark ones.
Charlette Westre
New poster here, so why not show off? :)

2 x Vestax PDX-2000's. Very nice turntables with high torque, variable start/stop speed, +/-10% pitch control, and a separate wide range +/-50% pitch control.

2 x CDJ-400s. Show here native traktor control mode. (sound for those channels comes from the mixer soundcard)

Denon DN-X1600. An altogether awesome digital mixer. Considered Denon's analogue of the DJM-800, it has some pretty good onboard FX and has an 4 channel internal sound card (traktor scratch certified, no traktor card needed).

Not shown here:
Traktor X1: I have this mapped to be used as both a stand-alone internal mixing controller (FX knobs remapped to volume and EQ for 2 channels, and FX buttons to 4 cue points per channel), or to add looping/cue point/DVS-mode control to my primary DVS channels.

LPD8: Traktor FX for all 4 channels are controlled by activating a channel for FX and then using one of 8 FX knobs on the LPD8. Also 2 cue points for each channel, in case i don't have the x1 around.

APC 40: Controls a modifed Will Marshall ableton DJ set that can be used with internal mixing, or with 4 channels sent to the Denon x1600 soundcard by setting the channel outputs in ableton accordingly. I've gotten used to beat-matching ableton to traktor/cdjs and vice-versa. Obviously i wouldn't try to take both a full traktor and ableton set-up to a gig, but for a few gigs i've had live instruments play along with me (trumpet and guitar), and being able to switch from spontaneous set-up (traktor, beatmatch mostly anything by ear without prep) to a master-tempo-locked loop-based set-up (ableton) gives the instrumentalists and more solid base to play with.

Anyways, hope y'all like it, and i hope the clean it up in the near future. Uggh wires...

Sherlyn Wolver
Another props for setting up your tables "battle/scratch" style!!
Sherlyn Wolver
Originally Posted by ANDroYd
I have the glow in the dark ones as well. I'm sorry but when it comes to scratching, I need real vinyl. The glow in the dark ones is nice when your getting down in dark area's but the blue and yellow match my whole theme of my setup!
Charlette Westre
Originally Posted by WilliamThaKonqueror
Sherlyn Wolver
Shira Narwold
Nice setup!

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy