They call it Chando's Setup

They call it Chando's Setup
Posted on: 06.11.2013 by Demarcus Poppe
Started mixing about 8 years ago , mucking about with trance on an American Audio rackmount dual CD jobber and a crap Gemini mixer. When that all broke in about a year of bedroom use, i grabbed two CDJ-200's and a DDM-4000. The CDJs did their job but really aren't that great and I still use the DDM-4000 (which is even cooler now that i use MIDI). After getting tired of the CDJ's I decided in earnest to get a DVS set up completed.
The first thing i grabbed was an Audio 10 (before NI started the whole package deal). Around this time life pretty much slapped me in the face and emptied my wallet. Music wasn't a priority for about the next two-ish years, until now. I was able to snag two Technics 1200's, and grabbed TSP2 and an X1mk2 to bring it all home.

I had the space to set it up, but i didn't have a table big enough. After searching through the custom desk thread on here I wanted to make one but maybe something a little more unique. So i got two Expedits and built a table top to sit on them....
1010131933.jpg

While making the shelf i decided to make it closed with a hinged front panel to hide my wires sound card power strip and usb hub. This allowed me to make a sweet "lightbox" with an Abrasive Waterjet i use at my job. These are the results of that...

In the light....

1027130838.jpg

In the mood light...

1106131923.jpg
1106131924.jpg

And the back...

1106131934a.jpg
1106131933e.jpg

apologies for the poor image quality, might grab the gf's camera to for some nice ones soon.
Demarcus Poppe
Started mixing about 8 years ago , mucking about with trance on an American Audio rackmount dual CD jobber and a crap Gemini mixer. When that all broke in about a year of bedroom use, i grabbed two CDJ-200's and a DDM-4000. The CDJs did their job but really aren't that great and I still use the DDM-4000 (which is even cooler now that i use MIDI). After getting tired of the CDJ's I decided in earnest to get a DVS set up completed.
The first thing i grabbed was an Audio 10 (before NI started the whole package deal). Around this time life pretty much slapped me in the face and emptied my wallet. Music wasn't a priority for about the next two-ish years, until now. I was able to snag two Technics 1200's, and grabbed TSP2 and an X1mk2 to bring it all home.

I had the space to set it up, but i didn't have a table big enough. After searching through the custom desk thread on here I wanted to make one but maybe something a little more unique. So i got two Expedits and built a table top to sit on them....
1010131933.jpg

While making the shelf i decided to make it closed with a hinged front panel to hide my wires sound card power strip and usb hub. This allowed me to make a sweet "lightbox" with an Abrasive Waterjet i use at my job. These are the results of that...

In the light....

1027130838.jpg

In the mood light...

1106131923.jpg
1106131924.jpg

And the back...

1106131934a.jpg
1106131933e.jpg

apologies for the poor image quality, might grab the gf's camera to for some nice ones soon.
Demarcus Poppe
Thanks, I was actually surprised at how well it came out. I have never really done a project like this. Materials wise I probably spent a little under $300 with the Expedits being half of that. I did get the plexiglass for free and i had access to pretty much any tool i could need which does help. After pondering over how i was going to light it i went with this

http://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT-Wat...ref=pd_sbs_e_1

For the price it was well worth it. Full RGB control and flexible enough to be snaked around very easily.
Galen Fraile
Dude that is ultra dope, love the custom lighting detail I wish I had the time space and money to put together a rig like this haha
Jeremiah Arvanites
The lights are sick. Nice detail.

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy