My happy place.

My happy place.
Posted on: 12.03.2012 by Lindy Jonker
Was:

Emely Metz
Originally Posted by Sublim&All
I'd say they sound quite good for DJing, as their sound isn't flat but a bit more powerful in the high and low. They're a good choice, I've doubted between these and M-Audio CX8s a lot.
Agreed with that part since i just love the bass from these monitors, it makes my windows shattering whenever i play a whooshing sound effect from the synth
Viviana Tarno
Originally Posted by Luconia
nice & tidy!
how do you find mixing with those Yamaha monitors? aren't they too sharp sounding?
i have a pair of HS80M for my synth, but never thought of using that monitors for djing...
I'd say they sound quite good for DJing, as their sound isn't flat but a bit more powerful in the high and low. They're a good choice, I've doubted between these and M-Audio CX8s a lot.

Nice setup BTW, just love the 3 TTs in a row
Lindy Jonker
Was:

Lindy Jonker
One of the things that irked me about the Stantons was a lack of a suitable dust-repelling solution.

Well:

And for anyone with an Empath, turns out DeckSaver's unit for the TTM-56/57SL is compatible:

Why I didn't believe to check and compare the dimensions of the top plate before, I don't know.
Lindy Jonker
Record weights.

I get a lot of tunes mail order, and a good chunk of them are slightly bowled (not warped).

Putting the extra weight on means wax'll get a bit of grip on the slipmat.
dan samo
In your early set-up pictures you had the large centre-blocks in place over the top of the records... I've seen these around before - what are they?
Lindy Jonker
Was asked elsewhere about coming from Stantons and thought a repost might prove worthwhile...

Honestly?

Two different decks. I couldn't truthfully say that 1200s are better than the ST-150s from a functional standpoint.

It may be a placebo effect, but I feel my tunes sound brighter and better than through the Stantons. It could be that even going through phono it's still hitting a DAC, as the decks have keylock (which I never actually used).

I hit the jackpot with these two pairs, but anyone getting into turntables asking for advice? Better a new set of ST(R8)-150s than secondhand 1200s of an unknown origin.
Lindy Jonker
Last time, honest:

Lindy Jonker
Uncertain if the stands are still in production - didn't see them last time I looked at the site - but each monitor is sitting on an Ultimate Support MS45B (being 45"; there is/was a 36" model as well).

The Rotary Empath is an absolute joy and is hooked up a majority of the time, but I was left wanting when mixing drum'n'bass & hip-hop, so I picked up the Empath as well (far left).
Neal Rayome
Rotary Empath <3
Albertina Fay
What stands are those?

That's a nice, clean setup!
Laci Billingham
so clean...
Lindy Jonker
Definitely flatter than the KRKs that every man and their dog seems to be using. Beautiful monitors: in their sound, sight and construction.

Considered the HS10W but would probably be too big for that room.

Need to make another trip to IKEA: too much wax on the floor and nowhere to store my MIDI gear or second Empath (would like to clear the space on the left to put my lappy and soundcard).
Dori Specht
I'm glad those Yamaha monitors work for you. I also admire the 3 TTs. But most importantly, it's very clean and simple! And I absolutely love your collection in the cupboard!
Emely Metz
Originally Posted by Sublim&All
Agreed with that part since i just love the bass from these monitors, it makes my windows shattering whenever i play a whooshing sound effect from the synth
Viviana Tarno
Originally Posted by Luconia
nice & tidy!
how do you find mixing with those Yamaha monitors? aren't they too sharp sounding?
i have a pair of HS80M for my synth, but never thought of using that monitors for djing...

Nice setup BTW, just love the 3 TTs in a row
Emely Metz
nice & tidy!
Lindy Jonker
Currently:

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy