Quick Snap from my iPhone at my Residency

Home :: What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup. :: Quick Snap from my iPhone at my ResidencyReply
Quick Snap from my iPhone at my Residency
Posted on: 19.10.2013 by Wilton Keuning
Wilton Keuning
Originally Posted by Volpe
nice addition! do you feel the effects of the rmx 1000 are superior to the traktor effets? (i know you have more possibilities etc., but do you really use them?)
and how do you sync the rmx's effects to your tracks (delays for example)?
i've been believeing of getting an rmx 1000 for my setup for a while but i'm still not 100% sure...
They're more flexible in my set-up for sure!

The sync'ing is like magic. The RMX-1000 reads the BPM right off the audio stream actually! No mess and no fuss.

I'd totally recommend it, it is crazy fun.
Margaretta Hebenstreit
Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman
UPDATE TO VERSION 1.1b

I got my RMX-1000 in last evening and got it all programed to take out toevening and play with! Lookin' good IMO!
nice addition! do you feel the effects of the rmx 1000 are superior to the traktor effets? (i know you have more possibilities etc., but do you really use them?)
i've been believeing of getting an rmx 1000 for my setup for a while but i'm still not 100% sure...
Wilton Keuning
Originally Posted by arsman
thanks bro!
any time friend!
Petra Arra
For a DJ card you need FOUR outs if you are mixing internally. LEFT/RIGHT main and LEFT/RIGHT cue. The TA 6 has SIX outs, so if you are mixing internally you're good!

Depends on your listening device. The TA6 only has RCA's where as the 2i4 has TRS as well. Either will ultimately work tho.
thanks bro!
Wilton Keuning
how bout the soundcard? I mean you are using a focusrite, not an NI audio interface. my TA6 only has 3 outs so do I need to get another with 4 outs or more? I do not want to get the TA10 as its so expensive and I would only be scratching with 2 channels not 4.
For a DJ card you need FOUR outs if you are mixing internally. LEFT/RIGHT main and LEFT/RIGHT cue. The TA 6 has SIX outs, so if you are mixing internally you're good!

would the Komplete Audio 6 be similar to your 2i4? as I am also setting up for production.
Depends on your listening device. The TA6 only has RCA's where as the 2i4 has TRS as well. Either will ultimately work tho.
Wilton Keuning
Thanks for your feedback. I was unsure before I get my second x1, then I saw your setup. am saving up for a 4 channel so for the mean time, will probably map map and map!
Learning to map is singly one of the best things I have ever done for myself. Shits fun and makes your set-up unique to you.

Should have bought it sooner. I came from a denon mc2000, traded it, got an f1 and traded it. found the x1 to be more suitable for me.
No time like now!
Petra Arra
I mix internally using the K2 as a controller. If you map a knob on your X1 to deck volume then yes, absolutely!~
Thanks for your feedback. I was unsure before I get my second x1, then I saw your setup. am saving up for a 4 channel so for the mean time, will probably map map and map!

It is a great layout! NI really nailed it with the X1's.
Should have bought it sooner. I came from a denon mc2000, traded it, got an f1 and traded it. found the x1 to be more suitable for me.
Wilton Keuning
Sorry to bother with more questions. haha
Never a problem! DJs love talking about themselves.

but do you mix internally? if so, will it be possible to use 2 x1 without a mixer, just the soundcard?
I mix internally using the K2 as a controller. If you map a knob on your X1 to deck volume then yes, absolutely!~

I traded my f1 for an x1 and will be getting another to control 4 decks.
Wilton Keuning
Originally Posted by 031999
Do yourself a huge favor and get the bar to buy you a higher table. You will thank yourself
We're in the midst of a re-model which may include an actual booth! I know within like a month!
Wilton Keuning
Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu
Cool stuff guy
Thanks man!
Wilton Keuning
sweet! what are the MFPs mapped to? effects mainly i guess?
Effects, Hot Cues, and Channel Gains!

and why are you not using the k2s in-built soundcard? isn't it any good?
It's alright, but has no inputs or volume knobs. I use it to drive Maschine when I use it live and then run it as a live input in to my 2i4.
Wilton Keuning
They're more flexible in my set-up for sure!

The sync'ing is like magic. The RMX-1000 reads the BPM right off the audio stream actually! No mess and no fuss.

I'd totally recommend it, it is crazy fun.
Margaretta Hebenstreit
UPDATE TO VERSION 1.1b

I got my RMX-1000 in last evening and got it all programed to take out toevening and play with! Lookin' good IMO!
Wilton Keuning
UPDATE TO VERSION 1.1b

Wilton Keuning
thanks bro!
any time friend!
Petra Arra

thanks bro!
Wilton Keuning
how bout the soundcard? I mean you are using a focusrite, not an NI audio interface. my TA6 only has 3 outs so do I need to get another with 4 outs or more? I do not want to get the TA10 as its so expensive and I would only be scratching with 2 channels not 4.

would the Komplete Audio 6 be similar to your 2i4? as I am also setting up for production.
Petra Arra

Wilton Keuning
Learning to map is singly one of the best things I have ever done for myself. Shits fun and makes your set-up unique to you.

No time like now!
Petra Arra

Wilton Keuning
Never a problem! DJs love talking about themselves.

but do you mix internally? if so, will it be possible to use 2 x1 without a mixer, just the soundcard?

Petra Arra

Wilton Keuning
Originally Posted by 031999
Do yourself a huge favor and get the bar to buy you a higher table. You will thank yourself
We're in the midst of a re-model which may include an actual booth! I know within like a month!
Lannie Kutay
Wilton Keuning
Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu
Cool stuff guy
Thanks man!
Ada Matzkin
Cool stuff guy
Wilton Keuning
Effects, Hot Cues, and Channel Gains!

It's alright, but has no inputs or volume knobs. I use it to drive Maschine when I use it live and then run it as a live input in to my 2i4.
Margaretta Hebenstreit
Wilton Keuning
I saw that's why I am asking since you also have an f1. the downside is that there are only for knobs on the f1 to control the EQs. Was mapping my f1 to control 4 channels but was cut short as I do not know how the whole mapping works. maybe I need to consult a guide.
Oh! Hah, the F1 controls a remix deck when I have my Maschine out too.
Petra Arra
Very similar! As you can maybe tell by the layout, the K2 is my mixer. As well built at the F1 is, it doesn't have the ability to host an EQ to my liking.
I saw that's why I am asking since you also have an f1. the downside is that there are only for knobs on the f1 to control the EQs. Was mapping my f1 to control 4 channels but was cut short as I do not know how the whole mapping works. maybe I need to consult a guide.
Wilton Keuning
can you also setup the f1 like the xone k2? I mean except for the additional pots, the k2 has an almost similar layout as the f1.
Very similar! As you can maybe tell by the layout, the K2 is my mixer. As well built at the F1 is, it doesn't have the ability to host an EQ to my liking.

what audio interface are you using?
I use a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4! It ROCKS. Solid, well built, sounds good, easy to use and bus powered.
Petra Arra
can you also setup the f1 like the xone k2? I mean except for the additional pots, the k2 has an almost similar layout as the f1. what audio interface are you using?
Wilton Keuning
wow. very nice!

how that that work for you?
Like a dream my friend! It's very creatively open for me to work with and it really gets people talking! It's my one of a kind baby. I have lovingly dubbed her "BASS FORCE: ONE"
Petra Arra
wow. very nice!

how that that work for you?
Wilton Keuning
Originally Posted by iqdodge
Very sexy modular setup dude
Thanks brother! It was a long work! I have custom mappings by moi on the to MFPros and the K2!
Damion Panyanouvong
Very sexy modular setup dude

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy