[RS002] Restricted Sessions Studio 2 - tekki

Home :: What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup. :: [RS002] Restricted Sessions Studio 2 - tekkiReply
[RS002] Restricted Sessions Studio 2 - tekki
Posted on: 02.11.2011 by Random X
Before this MIDI DJing became a part of my live, I just used to carry my BCR around, like it was only my business.

It wasn't until this little beauty of a MIDIfighter was made possible I decided to up my game.

I decided to redo my square meter by building this DIY desk. On which I could place my MacBookPro, Audio4DJ, BCR2000 and MIDIfighter.

While practicing more and more, I started to land some gigs, so I needed a bag in which I could carry my gear.
A little bit of modding offered me a great bag with more than enough room to even add some additional items as well.

At that time I also had the pleasure of finally getting to grips with the S4. This controller was so much more than the blueprint I had seen more than a year earlier on. This was something I had to get eventually:

But that would mean I would have to get rid of this stuff first....

I first decided to upgrade my square meter, IKEA-hacks AWAAAAAAY!!!!

Heyyyyy, isn't this picture familiar?!

(And yes, that is my daughter Riley's first pink laptop in the upper left corner)

This was the eventual result. (picture was taken during my recording of the 2nd Techno/TechHouse Mix train, which was finished first.

While doing a review for a dutch DJ webshop, called tonecontrol.nl, I fell in love with the sound of the Pioneer HDJ-500. So I decided to keep the review copy.

And guess what arrived beginning of this year, with compliments of Ean Golden himself:

(Still paying off on that one. )

With this we also heard two other things, one we were expecting our second daughter, two we had sold the apartment.
This last one meant that I would finally get me some more MIDIspace.

This means that I am back to square one. Just finished building the production desk with the aid of IKEA before we had our second daughter.

When things mellow out I will start building a decent DJ booth. Just be sure to check back when the updates have taken place.

Latoria Kavulich
So professional T !
Random X

Short update:
Got my Mackie MR5 Active Monitors, now I need to properly place them: Bassreflex and height of tweeter positioning. This will happen after I have taken care of a few other items.
Random X
Though I still need to find me an awesome solution for raising my MacBook Pro, as that a PS3 box or the current laptop stand I got are not sufficient enough.
Random X
Originally Posted by Otacon
sweet HDJ-2000s! How much ya get em for? And what are your thoughts on the HDJ-500?
I got them for €150,- so you can see why I am so chuffed about them!

The HDJ-500s are awesome, though a bit lacking on the durability part. Had multiple reports on peoples headbands breaking up on them.

Originally Posted by DJ JesC
excelent use of that PS3 box.
True!
Cristian Carmona
excelent use of that PS3 box.
Erich Vallabhaneni
sweet HDJ-2000s! How much ya get em for? And what are your thoughts on the HDJ-500?
Random X
Short update, 'on location' picture with the added Pioneer HDJ-2000 I got for dirt cheap!

Random X
Just go for it man, I always love clean and clear interfaces, so I was stoked when it arrived with white buttons!
Never ever had the desire to buy other buttons!
Kristofer Krauel
Mines the same colour scheme as the one in the instant gratification video. Tempted to order some white buttons and clear top from the store and create you a UK doppelg
Random X
Thanks man!
Carlee Pickard
Originally Posted by kooper1980
Same set up as me!! looks great. I still believe you've got the sexiest looking midi-fighter I've seen to date!! The white arcades and clear top look sweet!!
I have to agree with this man.
Random X
Originally Posted by kooper1980
Same set up as me!! looks great. I still believe you've got the sexiest looking midi-fighter I've seen to date!! The white arcades and clear top look sweet!!
Thanks man, got MIDIfidler to thank for that design!
Random X
Originally Posted by bmwnutfrombirth
Dude, where can I get some of those headphone ear pads?
Well, I bought my AKG headphone on thomann.de. Maybe you could try them, or try akg.com.
Kristofer Krauel
Wei Lebeaux
Dude, where can I get some of those headphone ear pads?

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy