My loft setup

My loft setup
Posted on: 02.04.2012 by Caleb Demillo
Here's some pictures of my setup in my loft, which I call "bluedoor" (since all the doors in the building are a very bright blue, why not? Secret lounge.).

The lighting came about over time. The initial idea was that the LED lighting could also be used for accent lighting. It expanded from there...

All lights and visuals are controllable via an iPad, which triggers cues and scenes in ShowCad Artist and Modul8.

DJ Gear:
- DJ Booth by http://dualsf.com
- 2 Technics SL-1200 MG5 turntables w/Shure whitelabel carts
- 2 Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus's
- Rane MP2016s + XP 2016s rotary mixer
- Rane ME15s EQ
- American Audio dbDisplay LED meter
- 2 KRK Rokkit RP6 Gen 2 Monitors
- Macbook Pro 15", i7 2.4GHz
- NI Traktor Scratch Pro 2.0
- 2 NI Kontrol X1 controllers

Lighting:
- ShowCad Artist 3 DMX Console
- 8 Chauvet Colorband Tri LED strips
- 4 Chauvet Q-Spot 260 moving heads
- 3 Chauvet Colorstrip Mini LED strips
- 1 Chauvet Colorband Tri LED strip
- 2 Chauvet LED Shadow black lights
- 1 Chauvet Impulse 648 Strobe
- Chauvet GBC green/blue laser
- Chauvet Hurricane 1100 Fog Machine

Visuals:
- Modul8 Visualization Software
- Epson 8700UB Projector

Control:
- Apple iPad
- Liine Lemur App

Production:
- Apple Logic Pro 9
- Ableton Live Suite 8
- Properllerhead Reason 6
- NI Komplete 8
- NI Maschine II
- M-Audio Axiom Pro 49
- 2 KRK Rokkit RP6 Gen 2 Monitors

(yours truly!)

Charlie Vivo
This setup is amazing! wow!
Shan Bauerly
Originally Posted by Ryan Ruel
Plus I'm totally OCD.
Finally, someone who understands that you MUST put the letters in alphabetical order!
Caleb Demillo
Originally Posted by DarioJ
Ok, thats better

Do you have any pictures of what it looked like before?
This was it staged as a model unit:

And when I had just moved in:

My cheap $50 temporary curtains being held up with stick on hooks:
Judi Sissel
Originally Posted by Ryan Ruel
Plus I'm totally CDO.
Ok, thats better

Do you have any pictures of what it looked like before?
Palma Hanslip
I actually have OCD mate but even i believe i'd struggle to keep that clean! Very nice place Ryan.
Sylvia Greener
Beautiful place - inspiring actually.
Definitely!
Wilfredo Kiffmeyer
Men nice house and gear but I believe that something is missing on your bathroom..... Maybe a cdj
Caleb Demillo
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Like everyone says, I want your place. But I could never keep it that tidy!
If you are going to live in a loft, you need to plan on getting rid of about half your stuff and learn to be super organized and minimal. Otherwise it'll be a cluttered mess.

Plus I'm totally OCD.
Tatum Ansaldo
Like everyone says, I want your place. But I could never keep it that tidy!
Caleb Demillo
What, no Moen multi-headed shower synced to music!??! I believe you're slacking sir . Beautiful place - inspiring actually.
Yeah no, sadly. And thanks, it was a lot of work to get it to this point (and cash).
Judi Sissel
What, no Moen multi-headed shower synced to music!??! I believe you're slacking sir . Beautiful place - inspiring actually.
Caleb Demillo
I had some requests for some day time pictures of the space. Here you go:

Caleb Demillo
Originally Posted by RockingClub
Nice evolution!
How long did it take for you to get from the setup on your first picture to what you've got nowadays?
2005 until now.
Sylvia Greener
Nice evolution!
How long did it take for you to get from the setup on your first picture to what you've got nowadays?
Sylvia Greener
Nice evolution!
Kellie Myrum
Nice! Congrats dude.
Caleb Demillo
Here are some photos of my setup evolution. Damn I've had a lot of gear.

Caleb Demillo
Originally Posted by ThinkAboutIt
I'm not getting this. Do you have all these gear for you radio broadcast or do you make house parties with your mates?
Both.
Judi Sissel
I believe this setup shows that he does what ever he wants to do
Georgianna Eurick
I'm not getting this. Do you have all these gear for you radio broadcast or do you make house parties with your mates?
Kasandra Kreindler
Originally Posted by RobinY
Holly cow! Could you imagine the amount oF girls he has?
i don't believe most girls could appreciate the magnitude of awesomeness that is ryan's setup, i'm sure theyd be more impressed with the interior design
Jonathan Abrantes
Holly cow! Could you imagine the amount oF girls he has?
Latoria Kavulich
Congrats on the win mate. A well deserved winner
Joesph Perrodin
awesome setup
Tatum Ansaldo
Bot.
Caleb Demillo
Originally Posted by Hulings5Robert
The lighting came about over time. The initial idea was that the LED lighting could also be used for accent lighting. It expanded from there...
Yes?
Tesha Freudenstein
man i wish i would live in a building like that. i'm positive that if my neighbor would rip a loud one i would be able to hear it
Sylvia Greener
Haha! Love that story!
Evia Nitch
I used to have a 18th century apartment above a store in the old city center of Zwolle (Netherlands). It had about 60cm solid brick walls. I had 3 neighbours.

The first party I threw was really messed up and _very_ high SPL.

I really thought I would be kicked out.

My neighbour came the next day and asked why we didn't have a party, she did not hear a thing! As did the second neighbour. (the third used a different entrance, we never met)

That kicked of a 2 year habit of throwing massively loud and escalating parties.

Now we live @ a regular family home.

This weekend we met somebody who used to live in the center, but moved out as their neighbours were really loud and gave wild parties....

Turned out we finally met the third neighbour.
Caleb Demillo
Originally Posted by donstone
thanks.
Totally understand it's a private home.
I've looked at a few places around 1000 sq ft of usable space and was estimated a max legal capacity of 100 or so. Which seemed totally reasonable.
Been on the lookout for a nice loft space like this for a few months now, but it's been hard to find one that will totally suit what we need in a decent spot and that won't have sound issues.
Yeah, I do have neighbors on 3 sides, so I don't have loud parties or play at evening really. Very difficult to find a space where you can just have big parties unless it's commercial.
Oretha Afful
thanks.
Totally understand it's a private home.
I've looked at a few places around 1000 sq ft of usable space and was estimated a max legal capacity of 100 or so. Which seemed totally reasonable.
Been on the lookout for a nice loft space like this for a few months now, but it's been hard to find one that will totally suit what we need in a decent spot and that won't have sound issues.
Caleb Demillo
Originally Posted by donstone
Just curious what the square footage of this space is. We are in the process of building something similar and this place looks like the perfect size. How many people can you fit in there legally/approximately?
It's 1353 square feet, and that includes the upstairs bedroom area. It's a private home, so I don't know the legal capacity. I've had about 25 people for a party, and that's about as many as you would want.
Oretha Afful
Just curious what the square footage of this space is. We are in the process of building something similar and this place looks like the perfect size. How many people can you fit in there legally/approximately?
Jonah Askland
Club apartment!
Alla Bluemke
unz unz unz unz. Club apartment!
Caleb Demillo
This is a funny picture my friend took, he was driving by my building one evening when I was playing and had the lights on. This was before I had the blackout shades up:

Rolando Lomangino
well I believe we can all stop trying now.

thats why I love this site though because there is such a variety of users. i mean i have seen everything from a numark total control and destroyed windows xp laptop to setups like this one. I believe this one here is something we can all look forward too at some point in our DJ lives.
Caleb Demillo
Originally Posted by jcolli500
Awesome thanks man, definitely upgrading to them soon! Have you used them both with rekordbox and traktor? which one do you like more?
I use Traktor at home, when I take them out I use rekordbox to analyze and export. It works great! It's a nice setup, so much simpler than the laptop, or course you give up some of traktor features, but no biggie for me.

I don't like using rekordbox directly with the decks, though. I found it to be kind of unstable.
Tawanna Censullo
Awesome thanks man, definitely upgrading to them soon! Have you used them both with rekordbox and traktor? which one do you like more?
Caleb Demillo
Originally Posted by jcolli500
do you have any issues with the new nexus cdjs?
Not really, no. Took them to the club last evening and they were used all evening in the main room, no issues!

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy