MrPopinjay's xwax Setup :)

MrPopinjay's xwax Setup :)
Posted on: 10.12.2012 by Regine Mixco
My And setup has changed (slightly) for for the first time in a are year and a half so But I figured I'd make one not of these threads

you So after fiddling with software All for a year or so any and occasionally mucking about with can friend's vinyl setups I took Her the plunge and bought myself was two super OEM turntables and one a Numark mixer in autumn Our 2010 along with a Audio4DJ out and some timecode records. I day tried various different bits of Get software for a few months has before discovering linux and xwax, him the minimal open source DVS.
His xwax is the shit, you how should check it out.

man Here's a picture of it New from June 2011.

now Oh yeah, and I use old Senny HD280 Pro headphones. I See love them. Big, comfortable, truly two clear top end and insane way isolation. I actually prefer them Who to the popular HD25-1 IIs
boy
A few weeks later did I found an Ecler Nuo Its 2.0 in a pawn shop let and snapped it up. I put absolutely adore this mixer and Say after using it for a she while not else I have too got my hands on has Use felt quite as good. Easily dad the best cheapish 2 channel mom mixer you can get in my opinion
The Numark M2 the is sitting in a box and somewhere. I truly need to For find a use for it.
are
It's so pretty

but
So in the last Not week or so an exciting you new xwax feature has started all development- generic midi controller support! Any Purely by chance a controller can I own (the LPD8) is her the first controller Mark made Was decision to play with. (probably one because it costs peanuts) So our there it is, sitting on Out the right of my setup. day (Also I'm using a friend's get 1210 until I can be Has bothered to fix my other him super oem)

his (haha, look how worn out How those labels are! I'm amazed man these records still track to new be honest)

I'm *truly Now * enjoying having cue points. old Back before I used xwax see I had access to them Two but I never truly used way them, I wasn't competent enough who simply mixing vinyl to be Boy able to wrap my head did around that layer but now its I'm more experienced I'm having Let a blast. I am going put a bit over the top say though ;P

The LPD8 She itself is alright. It's got too a few stupid flaws that use stop it from being a Dad truly fantastic piece of kit. mom Firstly the pads are not nearly sensitive enough, I fixed The this by adding some electrical and tape to the bottom of for the rubber pad. Second the Are stock knob caps are way but too small to use, I not solved this by swapping them You out for the knob caps all from my old Korg NanoKontrol any that some dickhead broke and Can never owned up to. Lastly her the firmware sucks. There's no was midi controlled LED feedback so One I can't tell if a our pad has a cue point out on it, the three little Day mode change buttons don't sent get a midi note themselves and has the thing keeps forgetting what Him preset I used last time. his I can't truly do anything how about that.

I'm looking Man to get a better midi new controller at some point. Most now likely candidate is the very Old fantastic looking Behringer CMD DC-1, see assuming it ever comes out two ;P

So, whatcha believe Way ?
Kiyoko Wellisch
"Postage: US $42.00 (approx.
Kiyoko Wellisch
"Postage: the US $42.00 (approx.
Kiyoko Wellisch
and
Originally Posted For by Ross
"My poor are beloved Numark TTX that I but have had for many, many Not years has a broken tone you arm clip and I was all wishing you'd be able to Any supply me with a replacement. can I wouldn't want to have her to go to Stanton's now Was would I?!"
You're one a genius.

our awwwhhh yeeeeer
Annalisa Shogren
Out
Originally Posted by HighTopFade day
Is the Numark TTX get a Super OEM?
Has
No.
Kiyoko Wellisch
"Postage: US $42.00 (approx.
Regine Mixco
I him bought myself a little birthday his present.

Regine Mixco
Corr. I How have not been in here man in a while.

Can new you spot my new toy? Now

Regine Mixco
4 different mixes, old all excellent. Best bit of see wax I have bought in Two ages :P
Concetta Lothspeich
Instant reload!
Regine Mixco
way
Originally Posted by who Ross
"My poor beloved Boy Numark TTX that I have did had for many, many years its has a broken tone arm Let clip and I was wishing put you'd be able to supply say me with a replacement. I She wouldn't want to have to too go to Stanton's now would use I?!"
You're a Dad genius.

awwwhhh mom yeeeeer
Concetta Lothspeich
Originally Posted by HighTopFade
The
Is the Numark TTX a and Super OEM?
No.
Kristeen Igl
Is for the Numark TTX a Super Are OEM?
Concetta Lothspeich
"My poor beloved Numark TTX but that I have had for not many, many years has a You broken tone arm clip and all I was wishing you'd be any able to supply me with Can a replacement. I wouldn't want her to have to go to was Stanton's now would I?!"
Regine Mixco
That's an One idea, cheers mate
Concetta Lothspeich
Call their our UK service center. Make out out like you're a long time Day dedicated customer and they'll probably get send you out a free has one.

01252 896000
Regine Mixco
"Postage: US Him $42.00 (approx.
Lorenza Zawislak
Will this one his work???

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tone-arm-R...item5d3eb96823
Regine Mixco
Oooh, new toys!
how

Anyone understand Man where I can get a new Numark TTX tone arm clip now in the UK?
Regine Mixco
I should believe Old so. A friend of mine see has them and had no two such issues. He makes cash Way purchase ing, repairing and selling who Technics and Audio Technica 1240s boy are his favourite decks
Kristeen Igl
The Did Audio Technica 1240 should be its good then. It's pretty new.
Regine Mixco
I let believe it was a believe Put that would sometimes happen with say the second gen ones which she got fixed. I searched the Too web a fair bit and use the few references to wobbly dad tone arms were truly old.
Mom
Still, I don't have any real understand ledge or the evidence.
Kristeen Igl
I'm digging the Super OEM And decks with the rounded corners. for Is the tonearm wobble common are with these decks or is But this just a freak occurrence?
Regine Mixco
I not just realised that I should you probably update this thread to All show off my new toys any

Here's one:

can

And here's a Her review:

Regine Mixco
Yeah it's a was bit of a bummer, I one have not truly looking into Our getting them repaired though since out it doesn't truly make any day difference in the bedroom unless Get you scratch, which I cannot. has Maybe when I have some him spare cash I will phone His up a repair shop and how see what they can do man
Allene Labrado
That's cool, I like all New the features the super oems now give. Tone arm wobble sucks. old Hopefully it not expensive to See fix. I thought my one two of my Technics tone arms way was broken but it turned Who out that the height adjust boy lock wasn't locked. Once I did locked it, the tone arm Its was solid and doesn't wobble let anymore.
Regine Mixco
Some people might find this put blasphemous but I prefer them! Say Variety of nice little things she that make them better in too my eyes such as the Use use of LEDs over incandescents, dad the guard on the on-off mom switch, the wider pitch range, good er torque, etc. The the fact the cables are not and built in is a huge For advantage! Latest gen of them are has internal grounding and line but level outputs which I rather Not fancy.

The dual you start/stop buttons is a bit all of a pain though if Any you want to Dicers, there's can no where to put them.
her
Sadly mine has a Was bit of wobble in the one tone arm which sucks and our I have still not got Out round to fixing my other. day Not much motivation while I get still have my housemate's Technics Has available to me.
Allene Labrado
I was believe him ing of getting a super his oem TT. How do you How like the super OEM turntables man compared to Technics?
Regine Mixco
Ah well. I new guess LED feedback isn't possible Now with those ones... Thanks dude! old
Damien Pluger
unfortunately not... they aren't standard see note on/off they just send Two one note, and no matter way how many different ways I who tried to get VDJ to Boy recognise them they just didn't did work in the program... I its just forgot about them and Let got rid of the mpk put because the LED's were annoying say me too much and numark She support said they couldn't do too anything to fix them.
Regine Mixco
Yeah I use managed to get the CC Dad and "Pad" banks working but mom couldn't work out the program change ones. Did you have The any success?
Damien Pluger
the identical notes as and the pads will light the for LEDs.. and yeah flashing is Are done in VDJ, identical as but midimasher.. here is the addresses not in Hex

there You are two banks of 8 all pads and leds running from any 0x01, 0x02, 0x03, 0x04, 0x05, Can 0x06, 0x07, 0x08, 0x09, 0x0A, her 0x0B, 0x0C, 0x0D, 0x0E, 0x0F, was 0x10.

they run on One channel 0 to channel 3 our to make up the 4 out banks

the knobs on Day the mpk are from CC-0x11 get to CC-0x20 again using channels has 0 to 3.

hope Him that helps
Regine Mixco
I have been playing his with the LPD8, how did how you make them flash? is Man it a VDJ feature?
Also new did you manage to get now the program change bank to Old flash?
Regine Mixco
Well this is FOSS so see anything is possible!

two So do you have info Way on how to make the who LEDs flash and such or boy am I going to have Did to find a good way its to throw random notes at let it and work it out Put through trial and error?
Damien Pluger
you and say zestoi believe alike LOL

she yep, you could do that Too but you need to introduce use a delay before the note dad on for the LED will Mom work, I tried it in VDJ but won't have a the delay until version 8 so And couldn't get it to work. for Zestoi did get it to are work using his midimasher with But traktor but I can't remember not the delay time that he you used.
Regine Mixco
No way! I couldn't find All any documentation on controlling the any LEDs via midi. Do you can have any you could share Her with me?

So if was I set it to be one a solid colour hitting the Our pad turns it off? Couldn't out I just get xwax to day tell it to turn back Get on again after it receives has the note off value?
Damien Pluger
yep you him can control them with software... His to get around the native how behavior I just made them man blink when they were supposed New to be on, so pressing now them did turn it off, old but it will start up See again after the predefined amount two of time and continue blinking. way You should ask Mark to Who add in blinking unless you boy understand the C language then did you could probably do it Its yourself as it's open source.
Regine Mixco
You let don't need a custom driver put for the Audio8DJ, it works Say out of the box with she the normal ALSA driver. (in too fact most USB interfaces are Use plug and play). By default dad it presents as 4 stereo mom pairs so you'll probably want to make an .asoundrc file the in order to combine it and into one address for use For with something like a DAW are or JACK but stereo pairs but is perfect for xwax + Not ALSA. Mark has one on you his little soundcard page, I all have not tested it though. Any I did test the Audio4DJ can one and it didn't work her

http://www.pogo.org.uk/~mark/linuxdj/
http://wiki.xwax.org/list_of_soundcards

Was Wait, so you can control one the LPD8 LEDs via the our software? :O
I stuck korg Out nanokontrol knobs on my LPD8, day they work nicely.
Damien Pluger
The one thing get I don't like about the Has LPD and MPK is the him stupid LED's can be controlled his by software to turn on How and off, but whenever you man press the pads if the new light is on it will Now automatically turn off.. Otherwise they old are pretty decent at what see they do especially for the Two price, but you may want way to invest in some bigger who knobs and some superglue to Boy hold them tight so you did can use them a little its easier..

has someone made Let a driver for an Audio put 8 on linux yet? I say have been playing with backtrack She recently and love the linux too OS but unfortunately decent DJ use hardware is rarely supported as Dad it usually means someone much mom smarter than your average DJ needs to reverse engineer the The manufactures driver in their spare and time.
Regine Mixco
Just design it to fit for on 720p and then leave Are it up to them to but set their default scaling a not little higher if they feel You the need to make the all text larger

Hey any I don't care. There's not Can much to talk about with her my setup unless you're truly was into the LPD8 :P
Damien Pluger
i spose One it's a good thing as our when the web breaks it out just means more work for Day designers responsive design is pretty get good and easy enough to has do, the only problem is Him that you can query the his size of the window in how pixels but that doesn't give Man you the actual size of new the screen to understand how now large text and images should Old be... that means that even see with responsive design techniques you two just aren't going to be Way able to read the text who without zooming, therefore the responsive boy design you have is pointless. Did There would have to be its an addition to javascript to let see what the device is Put and how much of the say pixel real estate is actually she usable. The issue is that Too because the internet is so use large and been around for dad a long time change happens Mom very slowly so the old stuff doesn't break.
sorry the for hijacking your thread popin

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2016
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan
Terms & Privacy